Dates – TBC for spring and summer 2021 (please feel free to enquire now)
Weekend and week day courses
1 day basics introduction skills course to get you growing £124.
2 day or weekend complete beginners guide to growing £245.
Want to learn how to grow your own food in the most productive and efficient way?
Interested in small-scale farming and shifting away from intensive agriculture? or simply how to grow in a micro way at home or in the garden.
This weekend course provides you with the knowledge and skills to grow and harvest your own food and reduce your reliance on the supermarket and provide you with the tastiest veg you will ever eat!
Based on organic and permaculture principles we cover a lot in these courses; from location suitability and seed sowing through to harvest:
- Learn to grow vegetables, flowers and herbs from seed and plug plants
- Choosing seeds for best taste and yields; including heritage varieties
- Techniques for successful sowing, pricking out, growing on, transplanting and planting out
- Use of polytunnels, heating options including traditional hot beds for propagation
- Making and using your own compost for mulching
- Ground preparation including the benefits of digging and no dig methods
- Methods for reducing weeds
- Forest gardening and use of the woodland edge
- Traditional soil, hydroponics, aquaponic and hybridponic methods covered
- Organic and nutritious feeds or ‘teas’ from plants such as nettles and comfrey
- Seed saving – create your own seed garden, and store your own seeds for next season
To reserve your place full payment is required in advance.
Courses can be residential (free wild camping) or non-residential (we have details of local trusted accommodation).
Evening meals are provided if required.